Tuesday, January 14, 2020

snow squirrels

Not much wildlife in a city, even a small one. However, we do have entertaining squirrels! Three arrived at the feeder this morning, but when I finally decided to try to capture some with the camera, only two were in the vicinity. Eventually one scampered up to the feeder and the other stayed on the snowy ground picking up the dropped kernels. 

 It didn't matter how much snow was falling, these critters were intent on feeding. This one was so focused, I wondered if it had gone into mini hibernation!

It finally moved.

 After a bit, the one on the ground skittered up and there was a quiet skirmish for the corncob. The first one climbed further into the locust and the other claimed the fairly cleaned off cob. It wasn't quite as graceful, although I give it points for agility!

I'm hoping Jon will take some winter photos for me. I took these through the windows, Jon is more sneaky and patient. However, my February baby is not exactly thrilled with snow and winter when it needs worked in. He needs to take some time to play with the weather and his camera. He always ends up with amazing pictures! 

No comments: