Thursday, January 25, 2018

Winter! From North to the Midwest.

 The birds relish a nice suet snack on cold January days!!!
 This is a downy woodpecker. I was able to get really close with the cell phone and wished I had grabbed my real camera. It is much louder, though- he may have objected earlier than he did!

I was impressed driving home on Monday of this week. I stopped on Lamplight to grab this 'luster of mid-day' the sun was creating. 

 That night we had an earthquake and snow. It sowed off and on almost all day on Tuesday!!!! Obi was not thrilled with either experience. Oddly, the birds appeared to be gone. Usually, when there is lots of snow, I can coax them to hand feed. I was still with seed in my hand for about 10 min and didn't hear or see anything flying. It was eerie. Almost as odd as running up the shaking stair during the quake!


 The wonderful amazing neighbor and son came over to plow and shovel after work. I experimented with the flash on the cell phone.

 Nice and pretty!!!!

 These last three photos are compliments of Uncle Randy in Duluth. The ships are called 'Lakers' and travel the Great Lakes. A quote from Uncle Randy, "This is the last Laker of the season being helped into its berth by two tug boats for the winter. Shipping starts again towards the end of March." Stunning photos Uncle Randy!!!!!



The rest of this week is dropping into cold temps here in AK. We finally hit the minus digits and now the wind is blowing all the lovely dusty sparkly snow off the trees. Hopefully we get more soon, I'd like some next Thursday!!!

No comments: