Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Twist on Cinnamon Twists

One of my FB friends (Alaska Bob, who not only has a site for his stunning photography, but also shares desserts to die for) posted this dessert cinnamon twists and the other day, I was feeling a need to create it. Or recreate, as the case may be! To fully follow the directions, one should probably visit Lauren's page and go that route. I, however, didn't want to keep running back and forth from the kitchen to the computer in the dining room and determined I'd not forget anything important! (I did run back and forth a few times.)

The dough I made in the bread machine was a little interesting. I wish my aged skin was as supple and willing to go back to its original elasticity. Eventually, I was able to get the stuff to the rectangle specified in the directions. Sort of. 
I am pretty sure I over drenched the twists in the butter mixture and I'd do this differently next time. I did,
however, like how mine were smaller than the ones pictured in the directions. I think they were a bit easier to handle. 
 Twists are difficult sometimes to work with because what is twisted can untwist. But, I prevailed and managed to get them on the pan.
 Because my family prefers chocolate over any other flavor, I did fill a few twists with mini chips. This is something I will adapt into these twists if I make them again.

 After raising for 30 min or so, I popped them in the oven. For much longer than the directions suggested, but ovens are all a bit different and so are the doughs one can use.
 Once they were baked, I drizzled the glaze on top and they were ready to be tried!
 And they were absolutely delicious. I must admit, however, that the chocolate ones were liked more than the plain cinnamon ones by the guys. There are still many 'plain' ones left and I made them several days ago. Jon did wonder why they were so sticky-He thought the glaze would be more akin to the stuff on a Krispy Kreme.
So, thank you Alaska Bob (Alaskan Photos ), these were a great deal of fun to make!

No comments: