Thursday, March 22, 2012

O, Spring, where is thy...spring?

Three weeks ago, it was lovely out. March 10th, I wore shorts and a tank top and did all kinds of yard work. I even moved the compost bin, which is where this first photo comes in. It appears that composting over here IS a more archaeological experience. This SunChips bag was put in the compost bin in the fall of 2009, I believe. I found 3 bags, this was the oldest one. On the bag it suggests it will compost down in a few weeks. I'm still waiting!
Then, the following week we got snow. Not too much, but my crocus which were just coming up got lightly frosted. Poor things.
It grew nice again and although this crocus appears to be sideways, it is not really. I took it that way! The white blossoms are thick on my verigated rock cress.
This week, I was able to get FREE tulip bulbs from someone's yard. I was so thrilled to dig them all up! It was raining, but I cannot wait to get them in the containers I have for them. I'm going to put them in the half barrels we got after one of THS's plays. Then, when I find out their colors, I will see where else they can go. At this time, they are still in the bag waiting to be planted.
Because, this week has been ridiculous! We have had rain and wind and yes, snow. My poor Shultz looks like a poodle!!!!!! And my crocus? They were not frosted today, they got buried! But, at least the fog we had last night was not freezing. I am not sure the plants could handle being encapsulated in ice, snow melts (and as of noon 30, it has!). It is super wet outside now and rather pretty with the sparkling water drops falling everywhere. So very pretty it has been, in spite of the strange weather!
Reading Anne of Green Gables, am going to find a Redwall book soon, and House Upon a Rock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya, Spring has been a long time comming. I think it's finally here though