Sunday, September 18, 2011

Round Up Parade

This was a practice run for the TigerScot band. (I obviously missed it since I thought it was going to be later in the day.) BUT, they are featured in a video by the Eastern Oregonian! Make sure you listen to the last note played by the Pipes and Drum band--it is Jonathan!! They were supposed to be right behind the oxen, who open the video, as an incentive to keep them going. Jon said it didn't really work.

The most awesome Mounted Band is also featured in the video--I love these guys!!!
These kids were so CUTE and the four teens in the next photo just made me laugh!
This guy's costume was amazing and I was particularly amazed by the reflection from his eyes...til he got closer and I realised he had on sunglasses!
This cute little pony and cart I had to photograph for my youngest niece. It's not pink, but it is ever so adorable!
I love the horses-they are so regal. They all have yellow ribbons to help commemorate 9/11.
Probably two of the most unusual thins we saw--we are not exactly sure what this mascot is. I believe it is supposed to be a cougar. The man in the next photo. Well, he attracted a great deal of attention due to his commando attire.

I probably got this in my blog last year, but it is just funny--as it is supposed to be!
This is also for my niece (the younger one). He had his horse dancing all through the parade route! Pretty amazing!

There are more photos to come--next blog, Rodeo!

2 comments:

Suzie said...

The barely there Native American outfit you pointed out is one that has been passed down from generation to generation at least 3 times. If you look, the beaded covering on the horse's face is gorgeous. I have seen that outfit every year I've gone to the parade (38 out of my 40 years).

Kris said...

Suzie-I have seen the man before and the horse head covering is gorgeous. It was funny how much interest he derived THIS year versus other ones. (I was sitting beside new visitors this year...)