Sunday, May 01, 2011

Webbed Ones

The Oregon Coast has a variety of winged creatures, but you just have to adore the antics of the gull. While we visited, I was sad because I remembered several bits of bread I had at home. While we lived in Tillamook, we always took bread to the beach and if we didn't have time to get to the beach, we tossed it out for the crows. I love crows!!!! Jon took all these pictures. I particularly like the surfing gulls!


This crow was investigating an old crab shell the gulls were playing with.



If anyone is familiar with The Rescuers, this bird in take off mode reminded us of the albatross the mice took as they launched off into adventures unknown.

This made us laugh, mostly because as a sentry bird, gulls are very good. They even deposit remarks on motorized vehicles that are obeying the sign!


Male Mallard ducks are so pretty. These were at Arlington and the first picture we dubbed, Ninja Duck!

No comments: