Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving!

It looked totally pathetic, but my Thanksgiving cactus bloomed! One lovely pinkish white bloom! I had to use it as decoration since it worked so hard to put on its holiday dress.
The best part of our Thanksgiving was not dinner, but we had guests! Rod and Dorothy, Tony, and even Moses were a part of our gathering. Moses came VERY close to snagging my plate by pulling on the place mats, but I saved it in the nick of time! Tony called after dinner, but it was great to hear from him!
After dinner we played games. Grandma and Grandpa bowled on the wii. It was a great deal of fun and someday we may get some more remotes! Grandpa kept hitting the wrong buttons, but in spite of that, both he and Grandma made a strike or two!

Steve's main job this break was to insulate the addition. This stuff on the ceiling is a stop gap kind of thing, but it will do the job for now. He also fixed a bunch of gaps and leaks that he discovered. The next part will be the walls. However, he has to get the right insulation. He picked up the wrong stuff before! I think it was just another reason to go to Home Depot!

My job this break has been the Christmas play. I am personally very proud of my camel I made from photos and memory. I was stressed about the eye lashes until I googled what to do. I used half of a feather for each eyelash. And they look scrumptious! The rest of the camel is made up of cloth covered kids. So, I am just posing with the head.

Read a great book called the Lace Makers of Glenmara. I very much recommend it to you lady readers.

No comments: