Saturday, September 12, 2009

siding and cement

Actually, that is not as odd as it sounds. The siding is a type of cement board and Steve has been putting it on the new addition. However, it is not that easy to cut nor is it easy to staple on!

And my cement leaves are VERY cool. I have also made some stones with excess cement from the leaf decor. I only have room to make a few leaves at a time and needed to do something with the extra cement!

this leaf I sprayed with cooking spray.

I have used sunflower leaves (my favorite!), rhubarb leaves (next favorite) and the pumpkin leaves. In the stepping stones I used lots of different leaves to make shapes. In the one above I think I used choke cherry leaves..but I am not sure! The rhubarb leaf above has the veins left in it because Karla B suggested letting the leaves 'rot' to make it easier to get off. And guess what?? She was right!! After a day or so, the leaf was so dry, the bits slid right out of the lines. Way to go, Karla!!!
I am not sure how that happened..in the pictures file, the stone has the butterfly shape facing us, no on its side. Hmmm, odd. Am reading James Patterson. I liked his adult book As the Wind Blows..the kid ones are rather ummmmm, kiddish! The adult ones seemed more realistic, the ones about Maximum Ride are more bubble gum and not as scary real.

No comments: