Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cheeseburger Bombs or Another Way to Cook Burger

This was a recipe I found via FB. Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs and since they looked like fun, I thought I would try it! I didn't have some of the ingredients the recipe called for (note: does anyone EVER have the exact ingredients called for in recipes and doesn't everyone change things?) and so I adapted. I used beef that is the yummiest stuff ever ground (the family adds bacon!) and it is remarkably lean. Then, added a Ragu garlic cheese sauce for the cream cheese and a whole egg. I didn't have biscuits..but that is normal. So, I made some and rolled them out thin. I didn't quite get 10, but the tiny one in the middle counts, right?

 Once again blogger has taken my sideways pic and made it vertical again-I really need to figure out how to fix that!
 I was wondering if the bottoms would leak-and there was a tiny bit of juices that escaped, but for the most part, they stayed whole and turned out rather nice.
However, as the kid said as he was eating them, "These are just those Wellington's in a biscuit!" And, he is right. I used different ingredients than I did for the Wellingtons (am sure I did a blog for that in spring 2012....), but they are very similar. And just as filling! The Wellingtons use croissant rolls, so they make a flakier and fancier burger dinner. However, the biscuits are nice and we decided next time I should put cheese on both the top of the meat mixture AND the bottom. They will also make very tasty rounds for a fast breakfast if I use sausage burger.

No comments: